Thursday, February 25, 2010

Favorite Tips (List 2)

Here is round 2 of my favorite tips for making everyday life just a little easier.  Enjoy!!

#4  Now as bad as this may sound, I don't save water for enviromental purposes.  I am all for conservation and everything, but in my house, I do it to save myself some money.  I figure the less water coming out of my tap, the less I will have to pay on the bill. 

When I need hot water from the faucet, whether it be the tub, kitchen, or bathroom sink, I don't just let the cold water run free until it gets hot.  I catch the cold water in clean gallon jugs and then use it to water my dog, water some plants, or even when I need water to boil for a meal. That way there is less water flowing from my tap and less money coming out of my wallet.  

#5  I always find myself running out of ground beef and turkey at the last minute.  To keep some on hand for quick suppers like tacos, hamburger helper, or chili I buy a few pounds a week, cook it up, and store it in my freezer until I am ready for it.  I season and brown each pound seperately.  (My 3 seasoning staples are Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning (I am NEVER without the stuff), garlic powder, and onion powder. They always add a pop of flavor to every meal no matter what it is.)  After the meat is drained and cooled, I put each pound into a ziploc freezer bag, squeeze out all the air, and flatten it the best I can.  Flattening the bag makes it easier to store in the freezer.  I just stack one on top of the other.

#6  An easy way to clean your ceiling fan blades is to take an old pillowcase, slide it onto a blade, grasp it with both hands, and slide the pillowcase off taking the dust with it.  To clean the pillowcase, just turn it inside out, shake the dust off outside, and then throw it in the washer. Simple as that!

Hope these tips are helpful! More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment