Monday, September 27, 2010

2 Easiest Recipes Ever!

I was so excited when I first discovered the 2 easiest suppers I could ever make. Thanks to the Busy People's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Dawn Hall and my favorite blogger, moneysavingmom.com, I now have 2 days a week where supper is literally a breeze.

The first recipe I found was Crockpot Italian Chicken* from moneysavingmom. This couldn't be easier or more delicious! I put the chicken on to cook at about noon and by 5 or 6 pm supper is ready. Paired with mashed potatoes and corn, I have a wonderful nutritious meal that my husband raves about.

Since I'm not cooking for a huge party, there are always plenty of leftovers. My husband usually takes some to work with him the next day and I always like to make myself a wrap sandwich with a tortilla, lettuce, and shredded cheese.

The second time-saving recipe is almost the same as the first, just with a different dressing. I had been searching for simple crockpot recipes when I found Dawn Hall's cookbook at the library. I took it home and in it found Honey Mustard Chicken.

The recipe calls for 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts and 2 cups of honey mustard. But I like to use 6 breasts cut into large chunks and a whole bottle of dressing. Cooked on high for 4 or 5 hours makes for a meal that my husband loves even more than Italian Chicken. And just like the other recipe I pair the chicken with mashed potatoes (it's either that or spiral mac-n-cheese for my husband at almost every meal) and sweet peas.

Leftovers are usually made into salads or work lunches for the hubby.

These recipes are an effortless way to get supper on the table when your clan is banging their plates with forks and calling for chow. So if you're like me and don't like to spend all day cooking or you just don't have the time, try them out! Enjoy!

* click the link for the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment