Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Agenda

Hi! I'm Allison and like every other housewife in America, I've started a blog.  This is it and this is what it's about...

I read magazines.  Do you read magazines?  I read magazines.  I have piles of them stashed in various places all over my house.  They are beside the bed for night reading, on the kitchen table for breakfast reading, some are even in the bathroom for my husband's, ahem, "amusement".  Needless to say, my collection of monthly subscriptions is starting to take its toll on our otherwise clutter free home.  

So why do I keep all these magazines?  For the simple fact of the promises that they make.  When you pick one up while buying groceries or browsing at the bookstore, the first things you notice, and the things that make you pick it up, are the headlines screaming at you in bright bold lettering.  Things like "5 Dinners For $5!" or "6 Steps To Shiny Hair!".  If you're like me, you buy the magazine, scan the promise-filled article vowing yourself to give it a try, then set the magazine aside and go about your life, completely forgetting about those 10 Steps To Tame Your Stress.  Hence the reason for my collection. Hence the reason for this blog.  

In an attempt to eliminate my piles of publications, I am ripping out those tricks, tips, and recipes and putting them to the test to see if they really can fulfill their end of the bargain.  Along the way, I will be posting my brutally honest results and reviews.  So, if you've always wondered if toothpaste really does clean your grout or if that list of 10 Free Date Nights is as fun as it seems, then this blog is definitely for you.

As a bonus, I will also be posting links to freebies and other bargains, projects that I will be working on, and I may occasionally get on my soapbox and blog about whatever is in my head. Pictures are a must with this blog as are guest reviews from time to time.  

There will be no set schedule here; no particular time to do any particular thing.  It's basically whatever I please, whenever I please.  

No comments:

Post a Comment