Thursday, October 15, 2009

Want A Clean Toilet?

Don't use this tip.  In a magazine, I found a list of "Smart Ways To Use Mouthwash".  #2 on that list boasted, "Get toilets gleaming!".  The directions were to pour 1/4 cup of alcohol-based mouthwash into the toilet bowl and let sit for a half hour.  The alcohol will make it sparkle, while the antiseptic ingredients will kill germs!  I thought, "Ok, my toilets could use some sparkling and it is my one dreaded chore, so I'll go the easy route and give this a shot."  I find the mouthwash, pour in my 1/4 cup and let it sit.  I forget to check it after the 30 minute time slot and end up leaving it for little more than an hour, thinking that doing so could only get my toilet extra pristine.  I go in later to take a peek at my porcelain, and nope it ain't clean. Nothing about it's grimy appearance had changed.  I don't know what I expected to happen. Maybe the mouthwash would somehow magically creep up the inside of the toilet and clean under the rim? Nope, nada, didn't happen.  The only thing I got out of the whole experience was a bathroom that smelled strongly of Listerine.  Guess, I'll just have to break out the rubber gloves and Comet and get down and dirty with it the old fashioned way.

No comments:

Post a Comment